With all you have on your plate when it comes to caring for patients and managing a practice, it’s easy for marketing to fall to the bottom of your ‘To Do’ list. Don’t let that happen, especially if you want to make sure that you have a continuous flow of patients.
To maintain that steady stream of patients it’s important to demonstrate the value of your service. One way to do that is by meeting prospective patients where they are—online.
Social media counts
Patients these days are socially savvy. They research their new doctors online, and read reviews and social media comments before making a choice for a provider. In fact, 77% of patients use online reviews as their first step in finding a doctor. And 47% of patients are willing to go out-of-network for a doctor with favorable reviews, versus a similar doctor who is in-network.
Already have plenty of patients?
How you connect with existing patients is equally important. For example, 9 in 10 patients say they prefer doctors who offer email communication. They want easy online scheduling and registration. They also would like the option to leave reviews after their appointment. Open communication with physicians makes patients feel valued and keeps them coming back.
Make marketing work for you
Follow these steps to better market your practice while improving front-office efficiency:
- Setup a professional website with consistent business location data across search engines, directories, applications, and maps.
- Take steps to rank higher on search engines so prospective patients can easily find you.
- Provide user-friendly online scheduling and registration options.
- Send automated appointment reminders to reduce no-shows.
- Utilize secure messaging to communicate with patients when the doctor is running behind schedule.
- Encourage patients to fill out post-visit surveys.
- Share patient reviews online.
These 7 marketing tips don’t have to stay on your wish list—they can become your reality. Find out how Care360 Practice Marketing can make your practice shine online with patients by helping you accomplish these tasks. Call us at 1.888.835.3409 to learn more.